This evening we made burritos with this filling: onions, seitan, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and spices. Topped with rice, avocado and yeast, they were great on a cold night when plain salad-type fillings wouldn’t have cut it.
I have been tagged by Bethany for a meme …. supposed to tell some random factoids about myself. I have to say, right off the bat, that I can’t fulfill all the rules, and you’ll see why in a minute. But here they are:
- Link the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links.
- Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Well, here goes:
- I have lived my life almost entirely in Wisconsin, although I have also lived in Illinois, where I was born, and Massachusetts and Rhode Island, where I graduated from high school.
- I became a vegetarian for the first time at summer camp when I was twelve. The "mystery meat" was icky and the girl I liked best was a vegetarian. She always got something different and special…. like tuna (go figure) or a dish of beans. My mom put a stop to that nonsense soon after my return home, but I attempted to go veg off and on for the next few years. I left home the day after my 17th birthday, and from then on it was no meat ever again. That was 1976. I’ve only been vegan a couple of years.
- I am, or was, a brown belt in karate. And I harbor secret dreams of going back to it. Although… not so secret anymore, are they?
- My favorite book of all time is Small Changes by Marge Piercy. My favorite book as a child was Harriet the Spy.
- My favorite movie since I was 14 has to be To Have and Have Not. Still, I’m a terminal sucker for Love Actually and Dirty Dancing. Aunt Diane was the one who took me to see To Have and Have Not at the Brattle Street Theater in Cambridge.
- I learned to drive a stick shift car so I could save on gas. Not because it is cooler.
- By the age of 20 I had fulfilled my life’s goal of living in a co-op, working in a co-op (Whole Earth) and using only bikes and public transportation. With that out of the way, I now live a less green lifestyle, but still have all the memories…..
- What? There are supposed to be only seven? Well this is the most random one of all: very few people view this blog, and of those who do (and haven’t already participated in this meme), only two or three have blogs of their own. However, I will tag them and see what happens!
Um, that’s it. Seriously….. but thanks for the opportunity to get all this off my chest 🙂